I’m exalted, to say the least upon receiving this nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you, Salina, for considering me capable of this award & for believing in the underlying hope for light amidst my dark verses.
Salina is an amazing blogger who has a pretty diverse & unique creative flair. She’s a wonderful human being, a very trust-worthy person & a gem of a friend. Please do visit her blog > https://salina.home.blog/
So let’s move on to the Q&A part (I’ll try to entertain you with my honesty). Salina’s questions for me are as follows:
1. When you go home after a long day at work, Who/What makes you smile and be grateful?
Ans: My manager is super supportive but at times he is no less than any temperamental diva xD. For me greeting him in office, at the start of the day is like a lamb paying regards to his butcher before being slaughtered. On top of that, some serious work-related stress factors cripple the poet in me every now and then. Safe to say every day is a survival story in itself. So when I get back home I usually turn on some instrumental music (mostly violin & piano symphonies) & resort to writing to calm the chaos that brews inside my head after a stressful day at work. It’s this decorated tranquility of the night time that makes me smile.
2. What is your favorite song that can always get you in the mood? (the language of the song doesn’t matter) If possible, please give me a youtube link.
Ans: Coldplay – The Scientist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-RcX5DS5A
3. Do you dance? If so, how badly or how well? If not, Why?
Ans: I dance so horribly bad that you may prefer to be blind rather than witness the sight of me dancing. I wasn’t born to dance, it’s a universal truth & I’ve made peace with this fact. lol
4. Are you a shy person or very outgoing? (introvert or extrovert)when you’re not blogging.
Ans: I may appear like a lyrical Rambo to some on my blog, but in real life, I’m a very shy & quiet person (that may change though depending on the company).
5. How good of a cook are you? i.e., have you ever burnt down the kitchen? (yours or anyone else’s)
Ans: The moment I step into the kitchen I feel like Gordon Ramsey (although the results can be rather debatable xD). I personally feel that cooking food is like a supreme form of art for it has the capability of captivating all our senses. I did end up cooking for a week the food was great but the kitchen was an utter mess… Seeing the absolute carnage I caused in the kitchen, my mother turned into Thanos into a matter of seconds.
6. What is your favorite book you have read, and what about it did you like?
Ans: The Prophet by Khalil Gibran, I loved the way it described the various aspects of life in such a philosophical way.
7. What is your all-time favorite quote?
Ans: “Cakes & under-wears aren’t meant to be shared with anyone else.” – Sidharth Jain ( lol jk xD); on the serious note … I really like this one “Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art.” by Kurt Cobain.
8. What is your all-time favorite comfort food? The food that you will NEVER say no to.
9. Do you eat healthy foods only – Or, are Papadams (south-Indian, salty, crunchy, and absolutely yummy to eat as a side dish) or any chips, also allowed in your diet?
Ans: I’m not a food racist lol. Anything that’s served to me (that’s vegetarian) I consume it with utmost delight and humility.
10. If you like ice-cream, what is your favorite Flavour?
Ans: Any & every that’s offered to me for free. xD
11. What is your hobby? – something that keeps your spirit high.
Ans: Writing, reading & listening to poetry is what captivates & delight my spirits. I love engaging in conversations with fellow bloggers to understand their artistic point of view, & in the process, I try to elevate my own outlook towards life.
My nominees are:
My questions are as follows:
Q1) How did you start your blogging journey?
Q2) What is your masterpiece post & why is it so emotionally close to you?
Q3) Name 7 bloggers that inspire you.
Q4) What aspects of your posts do you focus the most while presenting it to the audience?
Q5) A post on WordPress that you read which had a deep impact on you?
Q6) Share a comment that you received that really made you smile?
Q7) Would you like to share a life-altering encounter?
Q8) What are your dreams & aspirations in life?
Q9) What is that one thing that scares you the most & how have/ are trying to overcome it?
Q10) What’s the legacy you want to leave behind with your blog?
Q11) What will your future posts be about?
Note: Well that’s me unfiltered & uncensored, thanks for taking out the time to know the kind of person I am.
If you liked this post, then I humbly request you to like, comment & follow my blog. 🙂
You may connect with me on Instagram: gentleman.is.quiet